We know gender neutral is fashionable – and we absolutely love the trend – but when it comes to buying for older children, you do sometimes need to think ‘boy’ or ‘girl’. So, in the first of our two gift guides this Christmas, we tackle the horror of buying for teenage boys… We’ve gone beyond the grunts of ‘money’ and scoured the choices online with our teens until we came up with some really great gifts from just a few of the amazing small businesses out there. We hope they provide inspiration and a few ticks off your list!
1. We LOVE this Intrepid Tee from Seven Shades. It’s made from a recycled poly/cotton fabric that’s produced by taking used plastic bottles and recycling them into polyester, then collecting all the off-cuts from the production of organic cotton T-shirts and weaving them together. You’ll be giving a gift they’ll love while shopping sustainably – win win! £25
2. Another gift at the top of our list is the Personalised Hidden Message Cord Bracelet from the fabulous Under The Rose. Classy men’s jewellery can be hard to find but it’s a must-have for today’s teens and their whole range is well worth checking out. We especially love the hidden message here; boys need to know they’re loved just as much as girls! £39
3. Anything sweet is always a winner with our boys so we’re always on the lookout for a fun treat for their stockings. We’ll be buying Wheels Chocolate Road Signs from Me and My Car online gift shop (which, by the way, is perfect for all those petrol heads out there!) for our youngest, who’s just turned 17 and is starting to learn to drive:
and one of the Christmas-themed Pick & Mix boxes from the mouth-watering Carway’s Candy for everyone else ???? £5.95-£7.95
4. Talking of stocking fillers, we’re onto a winner this year with the Wallet Ninja. It’s the modern teen equivalent of a Swiss army knife – a credit card size wonder gadget incorporating 16 tools, including a ruler, screwdrivers, phone stand and (most important of all!) a bottle opener. Widely available, prices vary.
5. Of course, we had to pick something from our own range for teens and this has been our best-seller for boys this year – our Personalised Name Velvet Cushion. It looks great and is super soft and comfortable for those essential chill times. £20
6. Lastly (and it’s not that we think boys struggle to remember their own names, honest!) we are seriously lusting over this amazing name in lights. We know it’s not cheap but who wouldn’t love to wake up on Christmas morning and find this gift of dreams under the tree? Bespoke Name LED (1-5 letters) from Love Inc. £375
That’s it for the boys; look out for our selection of top gifts for girls coming very soon. Happy shopping!
Louise & Anna x