If your girls are anything like ours, they will have no trouble at all putting together a long list of gifts they’re hoping for – the year one of them helpfully colour-coded her list of online shopping links by price range will be long remembered! It can make it really hard to choose, so our gift guide for teenage girls is focused on some beautifully different gifts from independent, creative businesses. Every purchase will make a small business owner very happy!
1. You’re Awesome mug from Kate Ceramics. Kate says “It’s good for even the most awesome person to get a regular reminder of how spectacular they are.” This is written across our hearts and we think it’s vitally important for teen girls in particular. The hidden message in this handmade mug is genius… £20.00
2. High Five Morse Code Bracelet by Charlie Boots. This super sweet but subtle and supportive bracelet spells ‘high five’ in morse code. Perfect as a gift to remind them whenever they wear it that you think they’re doing just brilliantly. £14.75
3. Mini Makeup Bag in Yellow Jungle Pattern by Natalie Lea Owen. This little bag just shouts happiness and is perfect to use as a pencil case as well as a makeup bag. With its gorgeous print, designed by Natalie in her small London studio, it’s both pretty and practical. An ideal stocking filler! £14.50
4. No Drama Llama Knitting Kit by Gift Horse Kits. We all know how therapeutic knitting is and if you’re buying for a creative type or looking for something to tempt them away from screens for a while, this is just perfect for teens. Beautifully quirky and an easy introduction to knitting for newbies. £14.00
5. Rose Gold Planner Clips by Bright Island. We are total stationery addicts and couldn’t love this set of 3 pom pom paperclips more! They’re handmade to order in any colours you like and are great for marking pages in books and planners so are a brilliant way to cheer up homework (and that’s got to be a good thing!). Another one for the stocking… £7.35
6. Raspberry Prosecco Humbugs from Holly’s Lollies. Every Christmas stocking needs a sweet treat or two and this is a fun way to make your teenagers feel just a little bit grown-up! Suitable for vegetarians and vegans. £6.50
7. YesYesYes Velvet Cushion from Equipp. Our ‘YesYesYes’ cushion in bright rainbow colours is all about positive vibes and pure happiness and that’s exactly what we’ll be aiming to give this Christmas. And it’s soooo soft and comfortable! £18.00
8. Pink Lightning Mirror from Antipodream. In last week’s gift guide for teenage boys we ended on a high with a dream gift of bespoke LED lights. We’ve found the perfect equivalent for teenage girls – isn’t this mirror just gorgeous?! Made in Australia by Bride & Wolfe and sold on the fabulous Antipodream website, it will add an enviable touch of glam to any bedroom. £125.00
We hope we’ve introduced you to some brands you’ll come to know and love – happy shopping!
Louise & Anna x